Classifieds / Forum Ownership / "Commercial" Apr 17, 2007 1:14:09 GMT
Post by Steve D on Apr 17, 2007 1:14:09 GMT
admin said:(...) That is why we decided to suggest that ICPS Forum members also join a local forum which encourages trading listed at
Thank you for that list. I have been checking those of the listed forums that are in English and have a pertinence to CP enthusiasts in the U.S. (where I live), to see whether a member may list plants for trade or sale:
- CPUK Forum -- UK-centric, but does have a "Sales & Wants USA" section.
- TerraForums -- I wrote to Andrew (the new owner) a few weeks ago, and trades are permitted but sales aren't. He is developing a commercial site, so any such advertisement would be understandably disadvantageous to that endeavor.
- Carnivorous Plants in the Tropics -- seems to pertain more to tropical CP like Nepenthes than to temperate CP such as Dionaea and Sarracenia, but does have a USA nurseries and other resources section.
- GardenWeb -- "No advertising is allowed in any of the forums."
- World of Carnivores -- a forum attached to a commercial entity which forbids advertising except for a few specific plants or reasons and only with the pre-approval of the site owner.
Those are the forums that are listed here at the ICPS Forum that seem to pertain specifically or partially to those of us who live in the U.S. It seems so far like the CPUK Forum is the best forum for anyone who wishes to announce, mention or list some of their plants for sale.
In addition to the forums mentioned on the list here at the ICPS Forum, DavesGarden.com (which has a carnivorous plant forum) expressly forbids advertising in the forum. They do offer "sponsorship" of a particular category of the forum for $250 per month, which is a price that is probably a bit steep for many CP enthusiasts who in addition to simply enjoying growing CP for various reasons, also offer some of their divisions for sale.