I know it has been awhile since I have posted on this forum, but I would like to share some successful procedures I have used for disinfecting leaf and seed tissue.
I was able to successfully disinfect D. muscipula leaf tissue by soaking it with shaking in a 5000ppm NaDCC solution for 5 minutes. The trap tissue quickly died off, but the petiole survived with minimal damage and no contamination.
I have also been able to disinfect B. liniflora seed by soaking it in a 70% Isopropanol solution containing a small amount of surfactant for 5 minutes. One week after introduction to culture the plants germinated, and one week after that a small amount of mold was seen growing in the culture. I was able to eliminate the contaminant by dipping the plants in an Isopropanol/Chlorothalonil (sold as Daconil) and replating on new media. The plants showed no averse effects as a result of this treatment.
Lastly, I have found that 5-6 minutes in a 70% Isopropanol solution containing a surfactant is sufficient to disinfect most Drosera seed. I have had no contamination using this protocol, but not all seeds have germinated, even with the use of Gibberellic acid. Both D. spatulata and D. capensis did germinate successfully using this procedure.