In all of my cultures that I have used leaf cuttings in (from both D. muscipula and D. capensis), I have had no contamination except one contaminant that i can't seem to get rid of. The only explant treatment I have found that prevents this contaminant kills the explant. I have identified the contaminant as some sort of bacteria, and I would like to know what kind of antibiotics you would recommend using. My media is comprised of 1/3MS, 6g/L agar, and 24g/L sucrose.
Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. The contaminant looks like a dark haziness that spreads away from the cuttings, and is normally visible about 24 hours after I make the culture.