tissue culture of Nepenthes growing in pots is difficult, for that I decided to try with it.
After many experiments I founded a disinfection method that works for me:
First, the explants are shot tips of Nepenthes plants, growing in pots with peat moss.
This in one
And this the other
The explants were dissected, washed in detergent, soaked 1 min in ethanol, then 30 min in fungicide solution(trademark Benomil), rinsing with running tap water, then 15 min in 10 % NaOCL followed for 10 min in sterile water.
After disinfection, the shot tips were placed in flasks with half strength MS medium. The results are in next photographs:
One month latter, four explants from three different Nepenthes species are growing and there are not signs of biological contaminants.
Following with the nep work, the next photograph show N. raflesiana in vitro, from the shoot tip explant, growing in 1/3MS plus BAP 2 mg/L . The plant has more leaves and the lateral buds have begun to grow, they will be cut and put on in a new medium for get more plants.
Continuing with other Nep, I cut other shoot tip from N, sanguinea, next was disinfected and now it is growing in medium 1/3MS.
I tried the protocol and I may say that it indeed works with an efficiency of 70% or maybe even more , the varieties tried were ventrata and "gentle", both are growing really fast and recovering from dissinfection.